Monday, March 05, 2012

Jackie Clark in the Jersey City Independent!

Jackie Clark on the writing of I Live Here Now:

Well, there was really no preparing for these poems. These poems came from a deep need to rebuild my emotional stability. I was trying to recover not only from a really bad breakup but from that kind of lost in the world feeling that usually accompanies them.

I worked on these poems internally for about four months before I was brave enough to write anything down. But once I did, I’d say I wrote these poems in about two weeks. Once I started I just couldn’t stop until I had said what I needed to say. I wrote most of these poems on the train in the morning, typing them up later in the day. Usually I find myself writing almost anywhere except at home. When I write varies greatly.



Read more from her interview in the Jersey City Independent.

No comments: